Emotions coming out as words.
18 years old, Female, United Kingdom
Big Fat wedding:
1) For me who is getting married, when they are getting married, where they are getting married matters but the most important aspect for me is FOOD. Yes, I love food and I am really interested on the menu. I practically walked in to the food section directly without even seeing the bride or the groom. Yes, this is why I am plus size, I canâ€™t say no to tasty food and when somebody tells me about a marriage I can only think about food.
2) Always means always when I need to go to a marriage ceremony and I pull my jeans up because I am extremely comfortable in it, my mom will be like â€œ Yeah yeah why will you dress up now? When you need to hang out with your friends you will walk out looking like a heroineâ€ and I will be shifting from jeans to salwar in a jiffy because my mom will have that sad expression on her face which I really canâ€™t see. Mom please stop doing this to your daughter. I am not disrespecting Indian wear but I am really not comfortable in it. I feel like a robot that needs to take care of every action.
3) I have those heavy earrings hanging from my ear holes paining like hell because I donâ€™t wear any earrings or any sort of accessories until and unless there is an occasion and wearing a salwar, looking just the way my mom wants me to look like and you donâ€™t have paneer and chicken in your menu and I stand there with fried rice on my plate really piss me off. Yes, I donâ€™t like mutton curry; I have a problem with the smell. Bengali people please understand there are chicken lovers here.
4) Practically speaking I have a very big family from both my momâ€™s and dadâ€™s side. More or less, I know my momâ€™s family but except few cousins of mine from dadâ€™s family I know nobody. So what happened is I went to a marriage two years back and learnt that my cousin sister is getting married, who is by blood connection very close to me and I really didnâ€™t have any idea what her name is and most importantly there were like so many people out there who all are related to me by my blood and I was smiling to them awkwardly when they were smiling at me with the look â€œoh-she-grew-upâ€. Common I donâ€™t have any idea who you people are please come and introduce yourself, maybe I saw you 15 years back donâ€™t expect me to remember you.
5) My cousin sister from momâ€™s family getting married is a huge deal for me. I really canâ€™t put a full stop to my feelings because I am always so excited about everything. So, when we decide to wear saree and look extremely beautiful. My hair ditches me like anything and the most important fact I have a bad shoulder so the pallu of my saree and the blouse is always drooping. Man, I am seriously fed up and it is really very embarrassing. Please put a brick on my shoulder and stop that pallu from falling. Everybody else looks so perfect and I am like oh my god I donâ€™t understand what to do. Trust me I have more than 1k pictures of mine on my laptop but you wonâ€™t get one picture of mine from any of my cousinâ€™s marriage because I always look like a shit.
6) Bengali people stop talking about the jewellery the bride is wearing. I mean I really donâ€™t understand this concept why you always need to talk about the jewellery. Is it like the theme of the marriage? Or the necklace she is wearing is a magnet and you are the iron? Please elaborate.
7) Listen I am practically a very bad dancer, I canâ€™t handle my saree I could feel it is going below the waistline and you pull me up to dance on a Bengali song I really never heard before, can I just stop embarrassing myself? Like really, let me just sit back and have some pakoras. I feel extremely content like this.
My cousins are in serious relationship they call their boyfriends, shy a bit, giggle a lot and I am like eyeing the waiter because he is going around with the diet coke glasses on the tray.
9) The best thing I like in a marriage is the whole family thingy, they come together. They share the love, they express their feelings and I am like â€œwaoâ€ I love it like this because for some time the family issues just gets vanished and it is so nice to see everybody together.
10) Two souls getting together is a really nice concept and the celebration is so huge. But for some people who are subjected to child marriage or who are being forced to get married, it really doesnâ€™t go well with me. I mean stop it. You are practically ruining somebodyâ€™s life. You canâ€™t just like walk in and say â€œyou are getting married and you donâ€™t have the authority to question me backâ€ . I plead you people donâ€™t screw up anybodyâ€™s life.
....Be a girl...for a month...!
Whoever consider girls as dumb why donâ€™t you take a closer look of our life once and place yourself in our place for a monthâ€¦
Why donâ€™t you take the pain of crying your heart out at the middle of the night by digging your face in the pillow, just coz the whole world fails to understand their pain?
Why donâ€™t you pull down a nice dress, and place in high heels and go around more than 5 hours.
Why donâ€™t you go for shopping for your whole family? Do you have the time for that?
Why donâ€™t you go and learn how to cook, and spend hours in the kitchen in the heat ?
Why donâ€™t you go through the stomach pain every month which is the prove of non-pregnant status in a girlâ€™s life?
Why donâ€™t you go carry the baby in your womb for 9 months and experience the pain of skin getting stretched out?
Why donâ€™t you through humiliation which is named as â€™ MOLESTATIONâ€™ but still itâ€™s the girl who is to be blamed for every thing.
Why donâ€™t you go through the ignorance which leads to loud cry,and you people often label it as DRAMA.
Boys, its not drama, itâ€™ the hidden pain in our hearts.
Our life is not easy, as you think.
Itâ€™s more than difficult.
But all you people know is to tag us with â€˜BIMBOâ€™, â€˜DUMBâ€™ and â€˜DRAMA QUEENâ€™
why donâ€™t you just take a chance to take a closer view of our life?
Thatâ€™s when you will be able to figure out our life-style.
Donâ€™t judge us according to your mentality.
We are somebody more than dadâ€™s princess.
And Girls, YOU are BEAUTIFUL
Own a diary. Keep note of what is going on in your life. It would be amazing to look at it few years down the line. Or, you can have a diary of your imagination. A life you want to live. Note down what your character will be doing each day. Live a different life. You can keep it personal. Create one now. You'll love this concept. Login to create new.