H?????ow?? to find your inner growth.
Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them: Albert Einstein.
By one’s own efforts, one can increase one’s knowledge, status, or character. Self-improvement refers to the process of becoming a better or more knowledgeable individual. Your new self-improvement programed might include doing sit-ups every night and learning Mandarin.
Self-improvement is whatever you do to try to better yourself. Volunteering at a homeless shelter, attending college, and learning to meditate are all examples of ways to boost one’s self-esteem. Self-help and self-improvement are frequently used interchangeably. Originally, the improvement component of this phrase meant “making money with anything,” but by the 1640s, it had come to represent "the act of improving.”
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”?—?Aldous Huxley.
Self improvement indicates “Growth” of your inner self. Self improvement helps you find that peace of your mind and be happy about yourself. It is becoming the best version of yourself. It is not something you can achieve in one day. Self improvement needs constant fight of yourself with you darker self, your insecurities, anxiety and the impurities of your mind. Self-improvement can help you better your abilities, your mental health, and even your relationships. Simple acts such as reading a book, attempting something new, meditating, or even waking up early are examples of self-improvement. There are numerous simple and efficient strategies to begin the process of self-improvement.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. – Ernest Hemingway.
One thing is universally true, no matter what type of life you now live: everyone desires better for themselves.
It doesn’t imply we act on it even if it’s in our best interests; in fact, some habits can be harmful, but the desire is always present.
Wants are good, but they don’t necessarily convert into actions that move us closer to achieving our goals. The action is always the most difficult aspect. Ask any competent professional about their transition from the “wanting” to the “having” stage, and they’ll tell you it wasn’t easy.
Life is never as simple as social media makes it appear, but it also does not have to be difficult; as long as you are prepared to take action, there are always options.
The antonym of self improvement is self distruction. It happens when you are not about yourself, most common reasons are:
: Using drugs or alcohol.
:Trauma, neglect, or abandonment as a youngster are all factors that might affect a child's development.
: abuse verbal or physical
: Self-injuring friends
Self-confidence is low.
: isolation and exclusion from society are two words that come to mind when thinking about social.
Above mentioned causes are some of the factors of self distructive behaviour, if a person wants to focus on his/her growth and development they have to slowly let go of the things above mentioned.
Ten ways that helps in self improvement:
1) Read books : Books is ocean of knowledge. Books show a people their original selves. Books help people fights with criticism, books people to be free from insecurities, though they are books they show the reality of world. There are many books on self improvement, a link has been provided. https://youtu.be/fhbZT0Dpipe
2) Hang out with similar kind of people : This is an important part of self improvement. Having similar kind of people with same mindset always help people to grow, as well as you have to take care that their should be less toxic people around you. You should always surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook towards life.
3) Aim for something: Don’t sit idly, always have something you can focus on, it doesn’t have to be something important , but it have to keep you busy, learn about new culture, learn new language. When planning for the future, missions are quite crucial to consider. You can better comprehend your course by determining the purpose of your mission/goal.
4) Be willing to take criticism: Your growth is thwarted by your ego. You can avoid self-hype and work toward development through constructive criticism. Keep in mind that not all criticism is helpful, so be sure to distinguish between the two.
5) Be flexible and adaptable: Habits are necessary for survival. You can only improve if you are willing to change. It is difficult to question what you already know, but it is necessary.
6) Ask questions: Asking the correct questions allows you to delve deeply into your life – the proper questions, in turn, provide you with the answers you require to move on in life.
7) Practice random acts of kindness : Always be kind to people, as it is beneficial for you too, if you be kind to someone it will make you happy. And happy yourself is the best version of yourself.
8) Be healthy: Try to maintain you food intake, try to take care of yourself , give one day only for self care. Your health comes first, so take care of yourself. And healthy people have a healthy mindset. Get enough sleep.
9) Try to find a flaw about yourself: Try to find a flaw about yourself and make an effort to get rid of it slowly, Do not rush yourself take your time.
10 )Meditate and love yourself: Whenever you get time try to meditate at least for ten minutes, and though it is the last point but not the least always try to put yourself first, give a lot of love yourself. And meditation helps to have a good mindset.
The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development.” – Robin Sharma
This is the end of the chapter on self-development, but for both of us, the journey is just beginning. Every day is a new chance to live – you have to seize it when you wake up. Your mind sharpens your intent, and the latter begins to affect the physical reality around you after you have formed the resolve to evolve. Things begin to fall into place; you begin to meet the right people at the appropriate moments. You’ll observe how reality willingly obeys your will as you improve in matching all of your everyday activities with your goals. You take a step, and the Universe takes a step back to see what you’re going to do next. The transformation in mentality is caused by seeing how reality bends under the pressure of your intent. Your awareness of how to best use your time will improve. Even in your spare time, you’ll try to find significance.